This week’s contribution comes from Kenneth Chin. Click to enlarge! Let me get to a couple of good things before moving to the ways it could be improved. First, the title is big and cannot be missed. If a title truly is 90% of your communication effort (as I’ve argued elsewhere), this poster is ahead of the game. Second, there are lots of pictures of charismatic animals, including up at the top at eye level. It helps to have a subject that people generally like. I don’t know of anyone who hates manta rays. Third, the main organization is a simple pair of columns. The reading order is not confusing. That said, there are more frustrating things on this poster than good things. This poster is a compendium of common pitfalls. There is way to much text, way too close together. That the poster is so dense calls attention to awkward dead spaces in the poster, shown in red below. I tried a quick and dirty edit to move sections apart by shrinking the text and images a bit. I also took away the ...
Comments
Post a Comment